The overriding concept to be considered in the judging of each competition piece is which production is “THE MOST FULLY REALIZED.” Competing companies should consider these elements when preparing their competition piece.
THE ADJUDICATORS LOOK FOR (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS IN EACH PRODUCTION:
1. Is the acting believable?
2. Is the acting technically skillful?
3. Are the characters well interpreted?
4. Does the company display ensemble work?
5. Is the material appropriate for the company?
6. Is the material appropriate for the purpose of this competition?
7. Is the concept appropriate for the material?
8. How well is the concept realized by the company?
9. Do the actors display effective timing?
10. How well has the structure of the play been controlled?
11. How effective are movement and stage pictures?
12. Is the play well paced?
13. Do the technical elements support the overall production?
14. How was the total impact?